First of all, what is FindMyPlayground? How does it work? Is it an app? Is it free? Can we use it in other countries?
FindMyPlayground is a search platform created by 42 Interactive Pty Ltd. As a company with families in mind, we saw a challenge faced by many parents to find an outdoor playground or indoor facilities for their active children.
FindMyPlayground was created to answer this challenge and also to help the community to review and list playground features that might be important for families, especially the accessibility features of each playground. The inclusive features for people with disabilities are listed at the top, which not many sites or playground search engines do.
This app can be used worldwide, wherever you are. It will only require an internet connection and location (GPS) to be turned ON. You can open in both mobile device or desktop as an app or in a browser.
How to Read the Map
When you open https://findmyplayground.com/ for the first time, there will be an option to install on your mobile phone. This app is safe, free and the file size is relatively small. We suggest installing on your mobile so you can easily use this app like any other mobile app when you are on-the-go.
- You need to turn ON your location so that the map can detect your location to be able to show the results accurately around you. You can find the guide under the menu.
- There are 5 top menus with icons on the top right:
- Search this area = clicking on this will refresh the map to get the latest data of playgrounds in your area
- Focus icon = this will zoom in on your location
- Magnifying glass = it will open up the filter and sort functionalities explained further below
- A-Z icon = it will show playgrounds in your area as a listing view and the map will adjust the pin location when you click on the listing
- The last one is a list of other menus such as FAQ, Login/Register to Add a Review, or Playground
How to Use the Sort and Filter Functions
Using the Search/Filter is easy in FindMyPlayground. Follow these steps to find a playground that you are looking for:
- The first search box is for you to type in city, suburb, or postcode
- Next, you can select from the dropdown whether you search for an indoor or outdoor location
- Then you can scroll down to see the many options of playground features and services. Click the toggle ON on the ones you want to include in your search.
- The final step is to click on the red button "Search or Filter" to show the results.
Adding a Review
FindMyPlayground is an interactive app where users can add their reviews on playgrounds they have visited recently. The review can help other users such as parents, teachers, park-goers, children and teenagers to know more about the playgrounds they are about to visit and the features and facilities there as well as other important information shared with the community through reviews, such as the condition of equipment or parking availability.
To add a review, first, you have to log in using your Google account. And then find a red PLUS (+) button on the bottom right. Click on "Add/review a playground". It will bring you the instruction to follow step by step.
That's not all. You can also vote (thumb-up) if you find the review is helpful, or report (thumb-down) other user's reviews if you find it inappropriate.
Adding a Playground
Didn't see an outdoor playground in FindMyPlayground app? You can have your suggestion added to the list. You need to login first, and then find the big red PLUS (+) button on the bottom right.
Here you can do it in two ways: "Enter address", or "Place a marker". Just follow the instructions and provide information in the fields required. Both will eventually bring you to the same final step. Click submit and that's it. Done.
We hope you enjoy using the FindMyPlayground (on web and mobile) and if you have any comments or suggestions on how we might be able to improve your digital experience with this community tool, then we would love to hear from you.
What We Hope to Achieve
We hope FindMyPlayground can help all families to find an outdoor playground that is inclusive and increase awareness for our community leaders and government to create more accessible and inclusive public facilities.